Medway’s Medcare stable offers a duo of gap cover products that are aimed at existing medical scheme members who require additional healthcare cover to bridge the substantial financial gap between medical aid tariffs and the actual fees charged by practitioners for in-hospital services and procedures:
GapCARE 100– is the ideal gap cover product for medical aid members whose in-hospital benefits are limited to 100%, or any rate under 200%, of the medical scheme tariff. The product also provides limited personal accident death cover and personal accident hospital expenses cover.
GapCARE 200– is for members whose benefits are limited to 200% of the medical scheme tariff. Additional prescribed cash payouts are made to cover personal accident hospital expenses and personal accidental death.
Who should use Medcare Gap Cover ?
Established in 1990, Medway is an authorised financial services provider that comprises a preeminent network of healthcare advisors in South Africa. As a chief motivator behind the establishment of Fedhealth, one of the largest medical aid schemes in the country, Medway is a reliable and financially sound company that is regarded as one of the pioneers in the healthcare environment. As the first company to create an approved medical aid independent needs analysis tool, Medway has extensive experience in advising clients on the best possible health care options available to meet their requirements and has contracts in place with all the sector leaders including Bonitas, Discovery, Fedhealth, Medshield, Momentum and Resolution Health.
Medcare Gap Cover Special Benefits
- The traditional gap cover offered by both top-up options is broadened to cover treatment on an out-patient basis for kidney dialysis, radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
- Certain hospital procedures performed in a doctor’s surgery are covered by GapCARE.
- The maximum age of entry is 60 years.
- GapCARE can be selected as a stand alone benefit or in conjunction with one or more Medcare options.
- Both Medcare gap cover products include Personal Accident Death Cover in the form of a cash lump sum paid out to a beneficiary in the event of your accidental death.
- Additional Personal Accident Hospital Expenses Cover - a cash payout per person per annum for in-hospital expenses in the event of accidental injury to you or your family – is part of the gap cover packages.
- Pre-existing conditions are only excluded for 12 months.