One of the preferred underwriting partners of Resolution Insurance Company Limited or RICL; Resolution Underwriters offers affordable gap cover as part of its bouquet of short term insurance products.
Specifically designed to top up the discrepancy between medical aid rates and those traditionally charged by practitioners for in-patient treatment, Resolution Underwriters Gap Cover products are tailored to pay up to 500% of your medical aid rate depending on the option you choose:
- Gap 300– pays up to 300% of your medical aid rate, has a generous annual limit and a slight excess per claim.
- Gap 500– settles 500% of your medical aid rate, has an attractive elevated limit and no excess is payable.
It is important to remember that these gap cover products do not cover the cost of hospitalisation and that the first 100% of the medical aid rate is your or your medical aid’s sole responsibility.
Contact IFC now to find out which Resolution Underwriters gap cover product best suits your medical needs and budget.
Who should use Resolution Underwriters Gap Cover?
Resolution Underwriters is a registered financial services provider and an integral part of one of South Africa’s leading underwriting agencies, RICL - a company rated BBB by the Global Credit Rating Agency. This dynamic short term insurance company was established in 2006 as a joint venture between the powerful JSE listed Mvelaphanda Group Limited, Britannic Holdings - a holding company specialising in financial services and investing in financial & management companies, insurance, medical schemes and managed care - and management. With the backing of one of the country’s undisputed corporate powerhouses, Resolution Underwriters, established in 1993, boasts a market share of well over 80 000 policies. All products are insured with RICL under the Short Term Insurance Act, number 53 of 1998.
Resolution Underwriters Gap Cover Special Benefits
- Resolution Underwriters gap cover provides insurance cover for the inevitable shortfalls in in-hospital benefits.
- It is a reasonably priced add-on product that can be used in combination with any medical aid plan.
- It will cover any additional in-hospital medical expenses for a family of up to five members.
- Children are covered up to the age of 25 if students.
- Medical and/or surgical procedures for specialised treatment including radiography, physiotherapy, blood tests, dental care and pregnancy are covered.
- There is no maximum entry age restriction.
- You will have 90 days after the date your medical aid settled your account to submit a claim.