Established in 1936 as the Reef Medical Scheme, Fedhealth is one of the oldest medical aid providers in South Africa. It's an established and financially secure company, with a solvency ratio of 25.75%, a global credit rating of -AA and a membership base of close on 170,000.
Who should use this provider?
With an average age of 48 years, a pensioner ratio of 9% and a chronic percentage of 13.73%, Fedhealth is ideally suited to more mature clients and their dependants. The Ultima product range has been specifically designed with older people in mind, while the Maxima range covers all demographics.
Fedhealth Medical Aid Special Benefits
- All emergency treatment in casualty wards prior to admission to hospital, including general radiology, is covered by Fedhealth's in-hospital benefit.
- Rates applicable to dependant children apply to single students up to the age of 27 years.
- If you or your dependants are diagnosed with a chronic condition, you can upgrade to an option with a higher benefit limit at any time.
- CT scans and MRIs are covered by the in-hospital benefit, regardless of whether they're performed in hospital or as out-patient procedures.
- Former child dependants of principal members can join without medical underwriting.
- Seven days worth of "take home medicine" is covered by the in-hospital benefit.
- Children under the age of 8 are covered for hospitalised dentistry.