The Genesis Private Choice hospital plan supplies unlimited in-hospital benefits at 100% of scale of benefits at any provider of your choice. Cover includes some basic dentistry. This is a good family plan, with only R325 payable per child.
With monthly contributions that vary between R900 per adult per month for the low-cost Private Choice benefit option, to R2 075 per adult per month for the Private Comprehensive premium plan, Genesis medical scheme is the ideal choice for entry-level buyers and mid- to high income earners who require comprehensive in-hospital benefits, coupled with limited day-to-day cover.
Who should use this provider?
With monthly contributions that vary between R900 per adult per month for the low-cost Private Choice benefit option, to R2 075 per adult per month for the Private Comprehensive premium plan, Genesis medical scheme is the ideal choice for entry-level buyers and low to mid-income earners who require comprehensive in-hospital benefits, coupled with limited day-to-day cover.
Genesis Medical Aid Special Benefits
- Low monthly contributions on child dependents are between: R320 for the first child and R185 for each child dependent thereafter on the lower option and R340 to R200 thereafter on the higher options.
- Members are not restricted to a network of service providers and can choose any private or state hospital, GP or specialist within South Africa.
- All options offer attractive benefits of R25 000 per beneficiary per annum for basic dentistry which is covered by risk not savings.
- Internal medical and surgical appliances, certain in-hospital MRI and CT scans and major medial illnesses such as cancer, stroke, motor neuron disease and organ transplant/s are covered by all Genesis medical aid plans. Limits, sub-limits, co-payments and exclusions do apply.
- All scheme plans provide emergency medical evacuations and cover for 25 chronic conditions.
- Premium plans offer varying degrees of day-to-day cover via a medical savings account.
- Annual increases to member contributions are consistently lower than the industry average.
- ER24 provide emergency and evacuation services locally both on road and in air.
- All medical plans offer full cover for chronic medication for the 25 PMB conditions according to a formulary.
- Any unused savings in the Medical Savings Account are carried over to the next year.
- Children under the age of 8 are covered for hospitalised dentistry once in their lifetime.
Genesis Medical Aid Plans
Genesis Private shares all the major benefits of Private Plus and Private Comprehensive, including limited cover for dialysis and mental health. This is a good plan for big families that only require a hospital plan, with R365 payable per child.
Genesis Private Plus offers all the attractive benefits of the Private Comprehensive package, exlcuding the medication benefit which is instead paid out of a savings account. This is an ideal plan for large families that do not require much out of hospital cover, with all children covered at R365 per child.
Private Comprehensive is a good option for big families requiring good out of hospital cover. Hospital benefits are unlimited while the plan also offers extensive day-to-day cover for consultations and medication.