Established in 2004, this provider is an affiliate of the Momentum Group which is part of one of the largest financial institutions in the country, FirstRand. With a membership of over 90 000 families, the company is the fifth largest medical aid provider in South Africa.
Solvency levels in excess of 30% and a Global Credit Rating of A+ indicate outstanding financial health while six flexible options are designed to meet all members’ requirements.
Who should use this provider?
This provider's products have been designed to cater for all income groups and demographics. Low income entry-level customers to more mature clients who require high-end cover for unlimited hospitalisation, chronic medication and day-to-day medical expenses are well catered for in a selection of medical aid options.
Momentum Medical Aid Special Benefits
- Provider Choice, where better medical provider rates have been negotiated, accounts for savings of up to 30% on members’ contributions.
- A HealthReturns programme, the first of its kind in the medical schemes industry in South Africa, allows members to earn up to R3600 simply by keeping themselves healthy. Terms and conditions apply.
- The Multiply wellness programme provides access to countless benefits including discounts on accommodation, flights, gym membership and more.
- The Health Saver allows members to increase cover on day-to-day benefits at any time.
- The Health Waiver guarantees medical cover for the family in the event of the principal member’s death, impairment or critical illness.
- The Health Aider offers a choice of investment tools which provide Aids for post retirement health care costs.