Established in 2004, Momentum is an affiliate of the Momentum Group, which is part of one of the largest financial institutions in the country, FirstRand. With a membership of over 90,000 families, Momentum is the fifth largest medical aid provider in South Africa.
It has a solvency ratio of over 30% and a global credit rating of A+, indicating outstanding financial health.
Who should use this provider?
Momentum's range of six medical aid options has been designed to cater for all types of members, from low-income, entry-level customers to more mature clients who require high-end cover for unlimited hospitalisation, chronic medication and day-to-day medical expenses.
Momentum Medical Aid Special Benefits
- You can save up to 35% on medical aid contributions by using “Provider Choice” options – hospitals, pharmacies and doctors in Momentum’s network.
- A HealthReturns programme, the first of its kind in the medical schemes industry in South Africa, allows members to earn up to R3,600 by keeping themselves healthy.
- The HealthSaver feature makes it easy for members to save for day-to-day medical expenses.
- The HealthWaiver option guarantees medical cover for dependants in the event of the principal member’s death, impairment or critical illness.
- The Health Funder is a savings vehicle you can use to save towards your post-retirement healthcare costs via a retirement annuity or investment plan.