Established in 1998, Ingwe Health Medical Aid is part of the Momentum Health stable, a wholly owned subsidiary of one of the top 10 performers on the JSE, the FirstRand Group.
With a Global Credit Rating of A+, this financially sound medical aid scheme alternative operates in 150 academic institutions throughout South Africa. It has a membership base of 15 000 students from 79 countries.
Who should use this provider?
This provider specialises in the health care of foreign students studying in South Africa and is endorsed by the International Education Association of South Africa. A combination of low monthly premiums, an exciting loyalty programme and covered access to all private hospitals and specialists has created an attractive medical aid solution for international students only.
Ingwe Medical Aid Special Benefits
- All members have unlimited access to South Africa’s Netcare 911 emergency medical services.
- A toll-free medical advice line provides 24/7 health care assistance.
- An innovative digital membership card, the Mobicard, provides access to emergency numbers, claims details and other information directly from the member’s cell phone.
- The Go Health special benefits programme offers members additional benefits including travel, movie ticket, prepaid air time, computer hardware and soft ware and gym membership discounts.
- The Health Save option permits members to top-up day-to-day benefits to suit their individual requirements.
- All members are covered for emergency repatriation and, in the case of death, the repatriation of their mortal remains.
- All members have access to a comprehensive HIV Aids wellness programme.